Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 11: Augmented Reality

I was extremely confused with the concept of Augmented Reality and trying to understand what exactly it is at first. We had a guest speaker Mr. Honeycutt who talked with our class and explained to us more about Augmented Reality. He discussed Aurasma, a free augmented reality application. In small groups, we discussed some simple questions regarding augmented reality and we also searched for our own free augmented reality apps.  There were a bunch of free ones and many people found some interesting ones to share with the class.

We will begin working on our AR group project where we are going to use the Aurasma application to share clues to our topic and link them to a common logo/symbol.  Other group members need to figure out our topic using the clues.  It sounds like a really fun project so I am looking forward to completing it and seeing the other groups' projects also.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea,
    I was so confused by Augmented Reality at first too but was immediately excited about it! I had to do a bunch of extra reading after class and eventually it started becoming clearer to me. I think working on the group project and then attending the online conference presentation on AR really solidified it for me. I knew I was excited for a reason! The potential of AR is just amazing. I am still brainstorming on ways I can utilize this technology in my classroom. I am really stuck on scavenger hunts, presently. I think I just had so much fun with the as a kid, that I just want to do scavenger hunts for everything!
    Aloha,
    Alia

    ReplyDelete